Alcorn Cottage at Knockrow
Alcorn Cottage is your perfect Byron hinterland tree change “farm stay” getaway. Situated only 5 minutes away from the historic, country village of Newrybar with its trendy cafes and shops and the beautiful Killen Falls just down the road, perfect for a dip on a hot summers day.
An easy 20 minutes drive and you’re in the hustle and bustle of beautiful iconic Byron Bay and all it has to offer. Or if you’re after something with a little more laid back, beachy vibe, Lennox Head and the beautiful Lake Ainsworth are just is a little over 10 minutes away.
From the moment you arrive at this serene property you’ll feel all your stress melt away. It’s the perfect getaway from city life. With so much on offer do as little or as much as you choose!
- 3 generous bedrooms plus rumpus room
- Additional separate areas, perfect for remote working
- Modern bathroom with bathtub
- Free flowing spacious living areas with original high ceilings
- Fully equipped kitchen with modern appliances
- Alfresco outdoor entertaining area with pool table and BBQ
- Beautifully styled and furnished throughout
- Ducted air-conditioning throughout
- Laundry with washing machine and dryer
- Set on 100 acres of beautiful green land, most of it accessible and perfect for long walks
- Perfect for couples, families or friends (maximum 6 guests) wanting a relaxed getaway.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY:
Alcorn Cottage is set high up in the hinterland of Byron Bay, on 100 acres of stunning rural land. This beautifully restored farmhouse cottage looks over rolling green hills and out to the blue ocean. There is a hill on the property with 360 degree views looking over the entire Byron Bay hinterland region and down to Lennox Head, perfect for romantic sunset sips, picnics or watching the sunrise over the eastern most point of the Australian mainland.
The spacious modern farmhouse with its high ceilings maintains all the charm of the original building while having been lovingly restored to create a modern beach lifestyle vibe. It has all the mod cons and it’s well equipped and tastefully furnished, it is your quintessential Byron Bay farm stay experience!
It is situated on a working farm with chickens, cattle, macadamia orchard, numerous citrus trees, vegetable gardens and other permaculture. The farmhouse itself is private and separated from the caretakers residence, who maintain the stunning grounds.
It’s 100 acres, most of it accessible is perfect for long walks, meandering through the macadamia orchard, numerous citrus trees, vegetable gardens and taking in the stunning vista and serenity of the countryside. Enjoy the tranquility!
Please remember that Alcorn Estate is a working farm, so children under 8 years old need supervision. Please be respectful of noise - no events or parties.
THINGS TO DO:
- Take a picnic and enjoy the 360 degree view from the highest point on the property
- Watch the sunrise over the ocean from various vantage points on the property
- Enjoy a walk through the macadamia orchard and experience life on a working farm
- Read a book or sip champagne in the alfresco area, enjoying the ocean breeze.
- - Take a drive to Newrybar and enjoy a delicious coffee or meal from the renowned “Harvest” cafe and restaurant.
- Visit the beautiful Killen Falls waterfall just down the road and take a refreshing dip.
Go for a swim in the fresh teatree water of beautiful Lake Ainsworth just down the hill at Lennox Head
- Surf or swim at the countless stunning beaches in the Byron Bay/Lennox head area.
- Wander through the many farmers markets held in the the local village towns and Byron itself.
- Grab a beer at the pub or wander through the eclectic shops and tranquil streets of Bangalow village.
- Adventure through country roads and discover quaint towns, roadside food stalls and hidden gems along the way
We have lovingly created this beautiful space for you to enjoy and have a memorable, relaxing stay. We ask that you please respect our beautiful things and treat the home with care as if it were your own.
Bedding configuration: 2x king Bedroom and x2 single beds
Please note: NO BOOKING WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM ANY PARTY UNDER THE AGE OF #25. NO SCHOOLIES
Other things to note:
NO MORE THAN 6 GUESTS (6 person are permitted to stay at Alcorn Cottage at Knockrow unless agreed to in advance by the owners. Guests MUST NOT bring any additional mattresses or bedding. All guests must be declared at the time of bookings and any extra guests will be asked to leave the property and/or will forfeit their deposit bond.
NO PARTIES OR EVENTS: As we are situated in a quiet rural neighbourhood, we ask that you please be respectful of our neighbours and ensure that there is no outdoor noise after 10 pm. Sound travels easily to our immediate neighbours and as such, please be aware of noise levels at all times of the day. Should there be ongoing noise disruption, our security company will be called to the property. If they deem the noise levels from the street to be excessive it will result in a security call out fee of $500 and possible eviction.
LINEN, TOWELS AND CLEANING services included in cleaning fee.
Pets – not allowed
SECURITY BOND (Pre-Authorisation) of $1500.00 is required for each stay and is in addition to the booking charge. The guest is liable for the full cost of any breakages, missing items or damage caused to or within the property during their stay, even if it exceeds the pre-authorisation) amount.
SMOKING on the property both indoors and within the grounds is strictly prohibited. Any residual odours or evidence of smoking will incur an additional cleaning fee of $500. Please restrict smoking to a distance from the property and dispose of any cigarette buts appropriately away from the property.
As this home is being offered as a short-term rental, we kindly ask our guests to familiarise themselves with the short-term rental code of conduct, in particular part 2.5 which refers to the rights and obligations of the guest. This will help ensure your stay is enjoyed without interruption.